CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Counting down to Christmas

It seems very strange that Christmas is only 5 days away. Usually by this time I am totally stressed out, but I am feeling relaxed this year. We have almost everything ready; I should be able to finish the last of it tomorrow or the next day.

We delivered the gifts to our Sub for Santa family last night. That is always one of my favorite things every Christmas. This year we got a family with two girls ages 8 and 6. Their mom had a baby 7 weeks early and he is still in the NICU. It was so much fun to shop for girls and a new baby! I think even the boys enjoy it, but they don't let on. ;)

The mother was so appreciative. She has moved in with a relative who lives closer to the hospital, and they made us a plate of goodies as a thank you. They were delicious! I'm sure the boys will remember this year for a long time. It is such a good feeling to make a difference in someone's life.

We made and delivered more of our neighbor gifts today. I did things a little differently this year. Usually I give everyone the same thing, and by the time I'm done putting together 50-70 plates, I am really sick of that treat. This year I had a lot of recipes I wanted to try, so every day I would make up a batch of something and deliver it to a few people. It has been a lot less stressful, and a lot more fun for me. So far we have tried Gooey Cornflake Treats, Gumdrop Cookies, Andes mint cookies, Cake Bites, and Gingersnap White Chocolate Blondies. We still have several friends left on our list, so I will be experimenting again tomorrow. Yum!

0 comments: