CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wax Museum

At our Elementary school, when the kids are in 5th grade they put on a Wax Museum. Every student picks someone from history who has made a contribution to society. They have to do a research paper to learn about them. Then one morning they all dress like the person they have chosen. They have to sit perfectly still while parents and other students walk through.
Tyler was Milton Hershey. I'm pretty sure that the opportunity to eat chocolate factored into his decision. He is a boy after my own heart!

Unlike my other boys, he did not want any help from me. Until the morning of, when he informed me that he needed a mustache. If I would have had a little advance notice, I would have made one out of fake fur. But I didn't have time to look for it, so we had to settle for felt. In hindsight, I should have just drawn a mustache on him. But I totally did not think of it at the time. Duh!
He did a great job though, and it was fun to see him and all the other students.

1 comments:

painty (Melinda) said...

I got really behind on reading your blog-- so many fun posts! I love to see what you guys are up too.