CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Picture Perfect? Not so much.

I always thought I would be one of those moms that gets lots of professional pictures taken. But I am actually totally and completely lame at it. The whole time we were waiting to adopt, I planned out all of the shots I wanted to have taken when we finally got our baby. Then we got our little Rachel and I totally dropped the ball.
No newborn studio portraits. 
No photos of the boys gazing down on her in a little basket. 
No photos of her with Wes and I. 
I am so lame!!
In December I realized we didn't even have a decent picture of all the boys with their new sister. I know. How can I even call myself a mother? Christmas day when we got home from church, I decided I was going to at least attempt to get a picture of everyone together. Holey hanna, I know why people call in the professionals! It took me 64 tries to get this shot, and it's not even all that great. Could not get one with everyone smiling naturally at the same time. But at least we have a photo. And man I love these kids of mine!! (Even if they fake smile for pictures.)



2 comments:

painty (Melinda) said...

What a good looking family!

Heidi said...

Nice picture! I can relate... I've still never taken in Alyssa for professional pics and she's almost 2!