CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 21, 2012

I had great hopes of throwing Rachel a fabulous, over the top, pink and ruffle filled birthday party. After all, she is my first girl and I've been looking forward to it for years. But alas, life got in the way of my plans.

I got called as the Young Women's President in our ward, and my life turned all kinds of crazy. Then we couldn't find a weekend that would work for everyone. It kept getting postponed and postponed. I had no time to make cute decorations. No time to make a cute pink ruffled outfit. I kept hoping I would find the time.

My boys started asking when we were going to celebrate her birthday, she was almost 13 months already. And Wes told me that there would be plenty of other parties, and that she wouldn't remember this one anyway. I cried inside, but I knew he was right. So one Sunday evening I made up a pink cake and we had a simple family celebration. And I forgot to adjust my camera for the fluorescent lighting, so my pictures are craptastic.

It was so not the perfect party of my dreams. But it's OK. She had fun and that's all that matters. Next year, and the year after that, and the year after that. . . I can throw an amazing party for her. But sometimes you just gotta do what you can.

Rachel, I hope you know that I love you to pieces, even if you did get the lamest first birthday party ever. I'll make it up to you, I promise!


0 comments: