CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Brandon!!

Fourteen years ago this little slugger came into our family:

Actually he wasn't very little. He weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds 6 ounces! Yes, I know. Huge. After 26 hours of labor I ended up having an emergency C section. But he was all worth it. Still is. My husband and I were so happy to welcome him into our home, even if he did skip over the whole newborn phase. Our lives have never been the same and we just love the heck out of him.

So, in honor of his 14th birthday, here are 14 things I love about Brandon:
1-His mellow personality. I am so glad he was born first and set the tone in our house.
2-That he is an amazing example to his three younger brothers.
3-He is a stinking genius! He passed me up in the math department I think in 3rd grade. (He gets that from his dad.)
4-He loves reading just as much as I do. I love it when we both read the same book and then get to talk about it.
5-I love watching him play basketball! He has amazing ball handling skills and is finally starting to show some aggression on the court.
6-He is kind to everyone. Not just the cute, or cool, or popular kids. Everyone.
7-He shows respect. That is so uncommon in the youth of today. Brandon very seldom talks back or cops an attitude at home, and I know he would never, ever, do it outside our house with another adult.
8- He eats everything I cook, except for maybe one time. Totally not a picky eater and I so appreciate it.
9-He cleans up after himself. Never have to pick his dirty clothes up off the bathroom floor!
10-When I ask him to do something, most of the time he does it without complaining.
11-He has the same sense of humor I do. I love watching funny clips on the internet with him.
12-He has some serious musical talent. He knows how to play the French horn, the trumpet, the piano, and most recently-the guitar.
13-He is taller than me and helps me reach things in the top cabinets.
14-He has beautiful blue eyes that remind me of his dad.

Brandon, I am so glad that you are a part of our family. I feel unworthy to be your mother, but I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is giving me a chance to try. I love you more than you can know!!

0 comments: