CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wow, I started this post last week and it has taken days for me to finish it. We have been pretty busy around our house. We spent Sunday and Monday (last week) at my parents house. We celebrated Tyler's birthday:Monday I was supposed to work on making "warm window" curtains for our basement. We went to Joann's to buy fabric, not realizing that they were having a ginormous sale. It was horrific! We were there for 3 1/2 hours. No kidding. At one point I considered taking Wes up on his previous suggestion to frame in the window and replace it with a wall fireplace. Never in my life have I spent so much time buying fabric. It was frustrating, stressful, horrible-torture. We spent the rest of the day relaxing, and that was great!

Wes, Brandon, and Spencer together had a total of 7 basketball practices and 5 basketball games.


I usually really enjoy basketball season, but this year has been just one frustration after another. I don't want to go into all the details and complain for an hour, but new sports directer in our neighboring town wouldn't let us have our own teams anymore. He's more about making the program look good than he is about the kids. Being on a team with no friends, not being able to carpool, no notice that games/practices have been canceled, bad refs, and two games being played at the same time in the same gym (so no one can tell which whistle applies to their game), had made for a frustrating season indeed.

We finished up a science fair project. I was able to talk him into doing a cooking experiment so we could actually benefit from the results. (He was willing because he knew there would be cookies involved. Spencer did a great job, but says he really hates the science fair because "you have to talk to all those people". Hmm, I think he takes after his dad in that regard. I could talk all day! :)

I taught Brandon how to make whole wheat bread. It was delicious and the boys finished off an entire loaf in under five minutes:

And last but not least, I refinished this table:I just finished it tonight and I must say that I am thrilled with the transformation. I never would have imagined that I would be doing makeovers on furniture, but I am totally loving it! I will be posting the before and after pictures soon. But for now I am tired and am heading to bed early. Woohoo!

0 comments: