CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

Brandon and Wes went to Youth Conference over the weekend, so I took the boys up to my parent's house for a visit. Mel and Jacob were down with Dessie and my brand new nephew Andrew. I spent most of my weekend doing this:I was in new baby heaven! Andrew is adorable and such a sweet baby. He is always content and hardly even makes a peep. I enjoyed every minute I got to spend holding him.

The boys were also quite enamored with him and all took several turns holding him.Dessie of course delighted all of us with her antics. She is the happiest, most delightful little girl!We did have a bit of an adventure. We were finishing up breakfast when my dad spotted a mama duck with her babies just across the street. She was trying to get them to jump onto the curb but they were so little they were having a hard time. It was the cutest thing to watch them. Then, just after the last one got up, she jumped off the curb and started walking down the gutter. Like a dufus, she walked right over a storm drain and her babies followed her. Four of the eight fell through the cracks. It was horrible!!

We ran right over. Luckily there was water at the bottom so none of them got hurt. But they were trapped and they were crying and it was so sad. We knew we had to help get them out. To make a long story short, my dad rigged a fishing net onto a pole:And eventually he was able to get all four of them out:This one was so tiny that it kept falling through the holes in the net, so I carried it over to it's mama. Aren't they the cutest things!

It was a glorious weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed myself!!

0 comments: