CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Yes, we are still alive

Well, it has been a long couple of weeks, to say the least. October was a very sick month at our house. The kids all took turns being sick, one at a time of course, so it dragged out forever. I ended up getting swine flu. Yes, it is horrible.

After five days of misery, I was feeling better, so I helped with the boy's Halloween parties at school.

Justin's class did a Halloween program and it was so cute. They sang songs and everyone had a part to say. His was: "I" is for icing on cookies to share, "J" is for jack-o-lanterns smiling, BEWARE!"

The next day, I helped with Tyler's party. Tyler's favorite part of the party was painting the pumpkins.

Justin really wanted to paint one. I felt bad that I hadn't brought one for him, I thought he would be staying home with Wes. Lucky for me, one of the other moms had sent in a bunch of extras from their garden.

He was soooo excited.

Unfortunately, I overdid it and overwhelmed my immune system. Halloween day I started coming down with a sore throat. Sunday morning I woke up feeling horrible. Fever, chills, body aches. Kind of like swine flu, except for instead of a dry cough, my throat felt like I swallowed a bunch of nails. I could tell right away that I had strep. Plus major head congestion. Luckily I was able to call our doctor and he called in a prescription for me. I was so wiped out though, that it took a full two days before I even started to feel better. So, I was out for a week with swine flu, than another week with strep. Wes and the boys were real troopers and took great care of me.

It is so good to feel like a human again!!!

Oh, I didn't get very good pictures on Halloween because I felt so cruddy I went to bed early. But here are the boys in costume:

Justin was a lego:

Tyler was a mummy:

and Spencer was a Rubix cube:
Doesn't he look excited? What a turkey!

0 comments: