CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 6, 2011

So Bloomin' Cute!

I have been saving up girl clothes since Brandon was a baby. One of them involves a funny story. We didn't know Brandon was a boy till after he was born. So most people waited to give us presents till after we had him. We were visiting with my Great Aunt Faye, and she handed us a beautifully wrapped gift. I handed Brandon to my mom so I could open it.

Inside was. . . a tiny little blue dress with pink roses and lace, a pair of bloomers and a matching headband. As soon as my aunt saw it she was mortified. She gasped and said, "Oh no! I must have sent the little boy outfit to my other niece who just had a girl!" She was totally embarrassed and offered to take back the dress and exchange it for something Brandon could wear. But I loved the little frilly outfit so much I told her I would just save it for when we had a girl. Of course I never dreamed that I would be waiting for 16 years. The dress has been carefully tucked away since then.

It was fun to pull it out and put it on our little Rachel. She looks simply adorable in it. I'm so glad I kept it!!

0 comments: