CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Finally Getting Around to It

There have been several projects that I have been putting off because I have just been too busy. I finally got some of them started! Yeah for me.
The first one deals with garden produce. I have been putting off having the boys go out and pick, because I didn't want to have to deal with the results. I mean, we are just barely free of the fruit fly colony that has existed in our kitchen because of all the pears. And my counter was all nice and clean and free from piles of produce.
But the weatherman predicted snow for today, so I knew I couldn't procrastinate any longer. I sent Wes and Brandon out to harvest the remaining vegetables. I thought there would just be a few left, but they came in with these:
So I spent the afternoon chopping and freezing green peppers. We now have more that what we will ever need for the upcoming year. But I am so glad they are done! Anybody have any great recipes using green peppers?

My second project has been sitting in my craft room for four years. It was leftover from a Super Saturday class that I taught. (You all have one of those projects lurking somewhere, don't you? I thought so.) I finally dug it out and got it finished:

It is made out of . . . don't laugh. . .toilet paper. It is really easy and super cute (at least in my opinion.) If you would like to make one, I posted the instructions on
my other blog.

My last project is re-arranging my craft room. I am moving around all of the tables and desks to try and make more efficient use of my space. I have needed to do it for a few months now. However, in order to do this, I had to move lots of storage totes, tables, and miscellaneous items into the family room. It took much longer than I thought it would, so I didn't have time to put everything back where it goes.

As a result, both my craft room and my family room look like a tornado in a trailer park. I thought about posting a picture, but some of you clean freaks organized folks might not be able to handle it. And I don't want to jeopardize our friendship or anything. So I am sparing you the horrific details. You can thank me later.

0 comments: