CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Carving pumpkins is one of our favorite Halloween traditions. The boys love searching through patterns to find the perfect jack-o-lantern to carve. This year was no exception. Because Wes still has his hand in a cast, I got the fun job of scooping out all the slimy guts this year. I think the smell actually bothers me more than the sliminess though. Peeeuuu!

I thought all of you would like to see a few pictures of our completed pumpkins.

Tyler carved a spider (with the help of Wes.)

Spencer carved a pirate skull (with a little help from mom.)

Justin poked the holes for the dinosaur pattern and mom did the actual carving:
Brandon carved a witch using a crystal ball. Sorry, I didn't get the best picture of this one.
Now we just need to get some candles so we can actually light them on Halloween night. If they last that is. It was so hot today that they are already looking kind of shriveled up. Not that I'm complaining, I am loving this wonderful weather!

0 comments: