CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My First Book Recommendation

Since I love reading and know what a challenge it can be to find good clean books, I thought I would share some of my favorites with you. I am in a Book Club with several ladies in the neighborhood and I love it. First of all I love to read. I also like to socialize. And eat yummy food. Book Club gives me all three at once--Bonus! Several of my favorite books are ones we have read. Here is the first:

"A Sweetness to the Soul," by Jane Kirkpatrick We read this about 3 years ago and it is still one of my all time favorites. I liked it so much that I actually purchased it. It is about a pioneer woman Jane Sherar and her husband Joseph. The book is fiction but the Sherars are a real pioneer couple that lived in Oregon. Jane overcomes many hardships and trials with the help of a loving husband and her strong faith. This book is so uplifting, I just can't say enough good about it!
Note: I also read "Love to Water My Soul" which is the story of one of the characters in this book, and I loved it too.

0 comments: