CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 4, 2009

The more things change, the more things. . .make me crazy!

We were going to have Justin's birthday party on Saturday, but one of his best friends is at Disneyland, so we decided to postpone it.

We were going to have a garage sale and work in our yard, which is quickly being over-run by weeds. It rained, so we couldn't do either.

We were going to go up to my parent's house because they got Brandon a ticket to see the play "Treasure Island" with them. Then Spencer woke up with horrible stomach flu. He couldn't keep anything down and was tossing his cookies about every 30-60 minutes, even though he was only sipping clear liquids. He laid in our "sick chair" and slept in between puking episodes. Totally lethargic.

We decided maybe I should just drive Brandon up and everyone else should just stay home.

At about 1:45, Spencer woke up and said, "Mom, I'm starving. What can I eat?" I told him he couldn't eat anything until he kept liquids down. He finished off his can of Sprite. Kept it down for 30 minutes. So I let him eat a few bites of bottled pears. He kept them down. Asked for more food. I gave him some crackers. He ate them all and kept them down. His color came back and he said he felt better.

We decided it would be alright to take everyone to my parent's house after all.

Justin, Tyler, and Brandon slept the whole way there. Spencer talked the entire time. Ahh, we knew he was better. Once we got there, he ate the whole time, like he was trying to make up for all the food he didn't get to eat earlier. I've heard of the 24 hour flu, but apparently he caught the 12 hour flu. So far no one else is sick. I'm crossing my fingers!

We did some shopping while we were there. I have been looking for a mirror for our entry way and I found one at Hobby Lobby that I loved. It was 50% off, so that made me love it even more. I am hoping we can hang it tonight.

Oh, and by the way, did you see our new adoption button over there on the right? I finally got it finished and working. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I will be insanely happy if it helps us find our baby girl!

0 comments: