CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Musical Rooms

You know how sometimes a really good idea just pops into your head and you have no idea where it came from. That just happened to me. We have been trying to get our boys to spend more time encouraging & supporting each other and less time competing with each other. In the middle of the night, I got the idea to switch around the sleeping arrangements. I thought if we put each of the older boys with one of the younger, they could act kind of like a mentor. I talked it over with Wes and he thought it was a great idea.

We shared the idea with the boys and they didn't object, so we decided to give it a try. Spencer moved upstairs with Justin and Tyler moved downstairs with Brandon. I talked to Brandon and Spencer alone. I asked them if they could really try and make a difference in the younger brother's life over the next three months. I think that actually made them more excited about the plan. It has only been a couple of days, but so far it is going really well. Justin loves it that Spencer reads him stories before bed, and Tyler thinks it's cool that he gets to sleep in the basement with Brandon. Hopefully it is just the change we needed!

0 comments: